Friday, April 2, 2010


Recently Stitches of Hope received a nice note from the daughter of a recipient of our caps. She has given me permission to post it here:

Hello,
I wanted to express how grateful I am for the caps that are provided to the cancer patients. My mom battled cancer for over a year and loved to pick up a new cap when they were available. She had a wig to wear that really looked like her real hair. However, she would much rather have had a knitted cap on. She wore one everywhere she went.

Unfortunately, she passed away in February. When she was in the hospital, she would ask me every time I came to visit her to swing by the cancer center at St. Elizabeth in Edgewood, KY, to see if there were any new caps there.

I know she and my family were very appreciative of your organization.

Everyone involved should know how grateful the patients and the families are for what they are doing. When someone is going through so terrible a thing in their life, it is the little things that make them smile.

Once again thank you and everyone else very much for taking the time out of your lives to help others.

Thanks,
Jennifer
**

This is a new cancer facility that we just began sending caps to in the last few months. It’s nice to know our caps are getting to the people who need them.

If you have any questions about Stitches of Hope, please send them to

StitchesofHope@gmail.com

Take care,





No comments:

Post a Comment