Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Stitches of Hope Man's cap is patriotic!


This is a man's cap that a volunteer crocheted and donated to our group to send to cancer patients. Notice how the cap is long enough to cover the entire ear. That is especially important in the winter. Thanks for accommodating this need.
We’re snowed in here in the Midwest.

More time for crocheting!

I used to knit as a teen and college-age student. Then a friend convinced me to try crocheting and now I’m hooked! (did you catch the pun? hooked=“crochet hook”)

Oh well, what do you expect after being cooped up all day? My mailman probably isn't too happy with me, making him come to my front door to pick up packages of Stitches of Hope caps to send around the country.
But it is a service offered by the USPS so I don't apologize. For more information on this splendid service go to http://www.usps.com/. Type ‘Click n Ship”.

Through a secure credit card account I’ve set up with the USPS to pay for mailing costs, I no longer have to lug 10 or so boxes each month to the local PO. I put them outside the front door of my door and Voila! The next day the mailman picks them up and hauls them to his van. It couldn't get much easier.

I also order stamps through the mail now and am planning to send an overseas box to my daughter via this method.

Another matter: our Stitches of Hope group is now Facebook. I’m still figuring out how it works, but look me up as a friend. Tell me you heard about me from the Stitches of Hope blog and I’ll invite you into my world. Not too thrilling really, but if you want in, the door’s wide open!

Please tell your friends about this blog and ask friends with websites to link us in. It would be nice to have a broader audience.

Now I have to run! Hubby’s turning in the drive and I promised to learn how to use the snow blower. He doesn't know I’ve been dying to do this for years.

(OK, I’m back after my first lesson. I gotta say, running that snow blower is a blast!)

Take care,

Kayleen Reusser

1 comment:

  1. It looks like the spirit is alive and thriving for Stitches of Hope! :)
    If you'd like to use batik material for lining any of the caps, or for anything else, please let me know and I'll get you some and give it to you in June. Just let me know which colors you'd like to use. (I won't buy a scary style, I promise!)
    Love from Indonesia! :)

    ReplyDelete